Dear PGC 2017 Participants,
Welcome to PGC 2017! We are honored that high school and college students from all over the world will sign up to take this 30-Challenge. Get ready for a fun, inspiring, mobilizing, and life changing experience. Our entire team is cheering you on and eager to experience your transition from conventional to conscious living.
Please read ALL instructions here before you begin. They will explain how to participate (and succeed!) in Project Green Challenge.
Each morning at 6am Pacific Daylight Time you will receive an email with the Challenge link and information for the day. To view the full challenge and upload your submission you will need to log into www.projectgreenchallenge.com.
If today is your first time on the PGC website, you will need to sign in and choose a user name and password. Click “new participant” to create your account. This is the point where you can register as a team, if you choose (up to 4 people). One member should be declared Team Captain, team members are listed, and make the user name the TEAM NAME (IE: Blue Hens). All team members will be will use that USER NAME and PASSWORD for their daily uploads.
Every participant will accrue points for the daily Challenges they complete. Additional points may be allotted for outstanding work at the discretion of our judges. Up to 20 winners will receive daily prizes for “best of” submissions. Only residents of the United States are eligible for daily prizes, but all students globally have the opportunity to compete to become a Challenge Finalist, attend the Challenge finals in San Francisco, with a chance to win the Grand Prize.
Please take a look at the instructions below before you get started, they will help you understand how to participate!
Ten Easy Steps to Participate in PGC 2017
- Go to www.projectgreenchallenge.com and click the “Sign Up/Login” button. This will direct you to a registration form.
- Once registered, you will be prompted to create a username and password.
- If you are participating as a team, this is when you will register as such. You will see a team option on the page and your team can include up to 4 people. One member should be declared Team Captain and should make their user name the TEAM NAME (IE: Blue Hens). All team members must be listed and will be will use that USER NAME and PASSWORD for their daily uploads.
- All participants must agree to the PGC 2017 Official Terms & Conditions
- Once you have Signed Up, use that information to Log In and complete challenges and upload submissions daily!
2) Daily Prompt:
- You will receive daily emails alerting you of the release of a new day’s challenge.
- You must login and upload submissions for each day’s challenge
- You will have from 6am Pacific Daylight Time to 5:59am PDT the following day to complete and upload submissions for that challenge
- Once the 24 hours has passed, there will be no more submissions
accepted for that day. We suggest submitting content a few minutes before that deadline to ensure success
3) Daily Challenges:
- Each challenge will have unique theme (Eg. Body, Food, Style, Water, Labeling, Fair Trade, etc.)
- Each challenge will have up to four associated levels:
- Green (Entry Level) – Up to 20 points
- Greener (Intermediate Level) – Up to 40 points (eligible to win daily Prizes)
- Greenest (Advanced Level) – Up to 60 points (eligible to win daily Prizes)
- Extra Credit (Most Advanced Level) – 75 or more points
- Participants must complete the Green Level before attempting the subsequent levels (ie. You cannot only do Greenest, you must complete Green and Greener first)
- On some days will feature bonus points and challenges with deeper engagement (ie. longer time to complete, more points awarded, prizes with a higher value, etc.)
4) Your Job:
To participate in a challenge you must do the following:
- Read the Challenge Overview to gain insight into the day’s theme
- Reach the challenge questions from the Green, Greener, Greenest, and Extra Credit tabs
- Upload submissions, beginning with Green
- Challenge submissions requirements vary and may include writing, surveys, YouTube video links, photos, Pinterest boards, Facebook posts, Tweets…and more
- Submissions will be reviewed daily by PGC judges
- Participants will accrue points over 30 days
- Total points accrued over the course of the entire challenge account for 1/4 of finalist selection criteria
- Bonus points for outstanding work may be awarded at the discretion of PGC judges
- The top total points will be displayed on the Leaderboard daily
6) Daily Prizes:
- Each day, up to 20 prize packages will be awarded to Challengers (Up to 10 for Greener submissions and up to 10 for Greenest submissions)
- If a person or team is selected for both the Greener and Greenest levels for one Challenge, they will be awarded the Greenest prize package
- If a team is selected, the team will receive one prize package
- Submissions will be judged on content quality and creativity
- Only students who are enrolled in high school, college, graduate school or home schooled and residents of the United States are eligible to win daily prizes. International participants may choose to have their prize shipped to family or friends in the United States.
- At the end of PGC 2017, participants may compete to be one of up to 16 finalists to attend the PGC Finals in San Francisco November 16 – 19
- Finalists must be 16 years old by November 1, 2017 to be eligible as a Finalist
- Finalists will be announced on November 2 and flown to San Francisco on November 15
- Selection will be based on total points, a final exam, and a video retrospective created by you about your 30–day journey from conventional to conscious living
- If a team is selected as a finalist, the group must elect one member to represent the team at the PGC Finals
- If additional team members choose to attend the Challenge Finals, they are responsible for all travel expenses,hotel, transportation, meals, etc. Team members may participate in PUBLIC events beginning the evening of November 17 – November 19. Team members who are minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will be responsible for transportation to and from venues.
- Only students enrolled in high school, college, or graduate school are eligible to be selected as a finalist
- Challenge finalists must be available to travel to San Francisco November 15 – 21.
8) PGC Finals:
- PGC Finals is a four-day eco-summit November 16 -19 hosted in
Marin County, California
- Finalists will be flown into San Francisco and given full accommodations and food throughout the summit
- Finalists must be 16 years old by November 1, 2017 to be eligible as a Finalist
- Finalists will have opportunities to learn from esteemed eco–leaders and work in groups to develop social action platforms
- Each finalist must make final presentations to a team of judges about his or her individual experience during the 30–day challenge
- The PGC Champion will be awarded a unique Grand Prize Package and all finalists will receive a Finalist Prize Package
- If a representative of a team is selected as the Champion, the Grand Prize will be shared among all the team members
9) PGC & Beyond:
- Champions and finalists will have the opportunity to work with the Turning Green team in 2018 and implement social change and exciting programs on campuses worldwide!
10) Good Luck!
- Have fun and immerse yourself in the Challenge, share wisdom, ask questions, and support your fellow challengers!
- Please feel free to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or
(415) 280-1001 or via social media on Facebook or Twitter
Quick Tips 2017:
- Include your name or team name, username and school on ALL content that you upload to ensure points are properly tallied and awarded.
- Be as creative as you can with photos and videos. Bonus points are given for excellent work!
- Upload all content to PGC and also feel free to share on our TG Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as your own social networks. Tag @TurningGreenOrg and use #PGC2017 – we are watching
For the next 30 days, our TG team is waiting at the other end of your emails, tweets, and wall posts to respond, support, cheer you on, and be inspired! Do not hesitate to reach out with any and everything at email@example.com.
Here’s to an awesome journey.
The PGC Team